Dr. Victor C. Kok, MMedSc, MD, PhD, FACP
Vice Chair, Cancer Committee, KTGH Director, KTGH Cancer Center
A Brief Description of the Aims and Objectives
Oncological practice and cancer treatment rely heavily on evidence-based data obtained from human research and basic medicine studies. With the advent of latest technology and molecular understanding of the mechanistic pathogenesis of malignancy, more and more molecularly targeted agents are marketed. Also, various broad-definitions of companion diagnostics are developed to assist the traditional histopathological diagnosis of cancer, prognostication and predict the effectiveness of treatment. Nevertheless, in the clinical practice, unsolved issues regarding the management of some specific cancer in specific settings still exist. For example, for triple-negative breast cancer, the optimal chemotherapy regimen is still yet to be examined. Hence, CAO has a plan to establish a Thematic Issue on this aspect, providing an intermediate podium for exchanging the latest research, significant clinical studies and important translational laboratory findings around the world.
Current Analysis on Oncology is a peer-reviewed open access journal covering novel aspects and methods in all areas of Oncology. The fundamental purpose of the journal is to publish advance clinically-relevant knowledge of cancer, improve the outcome of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of malignant disease. The journal is to provide comprehensive and high quality of information to both practicing professionals and researchers in the respective field. The journal will include Research, Review and Letter Articles.
Potential titles for proposed manuscripts publications.
– Choose between mTOR inhibitor and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor for postmenopausal women who failed the frontline aromatase inhibitor.
– Selection of single-agent ramucirumab for frail patients with unresectable gastric adenocarcinoma.
– Hyper-progression of cancer after check-point inhibitor immunotherapy, anyhow to discover it earlier?
– From molecular subtyping of the tumor to better use of targeted agents for solid tumors.
– The current understanding of the adequacy of dosing of targeted agents for cancer control such as hepatocellular carcinoma.
– Make good use of liposomal irinotecan in several solid tumors: current evidence.
– Eribulin for cancer other than breast origin.
MESFORD Publisher Inc is a premier global publisher of science, technology and medical resources. We offer unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery worldwide. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding in the sciences, providing researchers, academics, professionals, and students with the tools they need to share ideas and realize their potential